Hydro Force Paddle Board
|Load Capacity||One Person / 209 lbs or 94.80 kg|
|Weight||34 lbs / 15.42 kg|
|Dimensions||120 x 32 inches / 304.8 x 81.28 centimeters|
Top Features of The Hydro Force Paddle Board
Falling into the medium price range category, the Hydro Force paddle board is an excellent entry-level option for many water enthusiasts. In terms of construction, this model features a polyester mesh core design that is covered by multiple layers of laminated PVC.
This provides a great deal of support and should help protect the exterior layer from light bumps and other accidents. Another really nice feature that this particular paddle board has is the removable seat design. This allows users to employ the paddle board in other ways. Therefore, they can stand up or sit down while they sail the waters.
While the overall weight of the assembled Hydro Force paddle board is relatively low at 34 pounds, this is still slightly above average when compared to other inflatable models. However, it’s still quite portable and is very easy to assemble.
Other Important Specs
|Carry bag: Yes|
|Recommended PSI: 15|
|Warranty: 180 days|
|Accessories: Aluminum oar, leash, bag and air pump|
As you may have guessed, the Hydro Force paddle board comes with everything that you need to get started. The kit includes a carrying package, a hand pump, and safety leash. The air pump that they include connects easily and is fairly easy to operate. The only issue we noticed is that it tends to get a bit difficult to fill during the last 5 PSI or so.
The carrying case that it comes with is fairly high quality with double stitched seams and an oversized zippered compartment for easy storage. We do wish that it had a mesh design to better facilitate drying out the paddle board between uses. However, it’s more than sufficient for transporting the dry paddle board around.
For handling, we found that the Hydro Force paddle board was quite responsive. This is partly due to the three fin design. This is one of the few inflatable paddle boards that we found that uses permanent fins instead of removable ones.
Product Recommendations and Opinions
Recommended Level: Amateurs and casual users
Due to how easy this model is to assemble, we feel that it is designed primarily for both amateur and casual users. The fact that it comes with a removable seat also means that users can use it both standing up and sitting down as well.
Since this is still an inflatable paddle board, it’s designed primarily for use in gentle streams and lakes. It’s not suitable for use in areas with sharp rocks and low water areas where the bottom of the paddle board can drag. This is another reason that we feel that it’s primarily designed for new and casual paddle board riders.
Positive User Opinions
- Very easy to assemble with no need for special tools
- Lightweight and easy to transport
- Great for use sitting down or standing up
Negative User Opinions
- Warranty period is not as long as some of the other inflatable paddle boards out there
- The air pump gets a bit harder to use as you get closer to the maximum inflation level
How to Assemble The Hydro Force Paddle Board
- Unpack the paddle board and its accessories in an open area.
- Connect the air hose to the air pump.
- Now, connect the air hose to the air valve and twist it clockwise to secure it.
- Inflate the paddle to the appropriate PSI level.
- Turn the air hose counter clockwise to remove it and close the air valve.
- If you want to use the seat, attach it via the two security straps on each side.
- Attach the security leash to the side.
- Assemble your oar by clicking the two halves together and turning clockwise to lock them in place.
- You’re now finished. The paddle board is ready to enjoy.
Paddle Board Maintenance
- Always check the PSI gauge to make sure the paddle board is properly inflated.
- Never leave the paddle board out in direct sunlight for extended periods.
- Remember to never exceed the recommended weight capacity.
- Never force the air hose into the air valve assembly.
- Check the exterior for rips and tears before and after each use.
- Do not use in areas where there are sharp rocks or other puncture hazards.
Although this video shows the Aqua Force Hydro Force paddle board, the assembly steps are almost identical to the White Cap model that we reviewed. Check out the video to see just how easy it is to put together.
All in all, we feel that the Hydro Force paddle board is an excellent option for beginners who are eager to take up this aquatic hobby. The design is very easy to put together and is still lightweight enough to carry around comfortably. The carrying case is also more than large enough to store the paddle board as well. If you have had the chance to try out the Hydro Force paddle board yourself, please share your experience with it in the comments area.