The Isle Explorer inflatable paddle board is one of the most popular portable options currently available. It features durable construction components, decent handling, and a quick setup process. Our article is going to serve as an in-depth review of this product that will focus on several key areas like assembly, handling, and durability.
Isle Explorer Inflatable Paddle Board
|Load Capacity||One Person / 275 pounds|
|Material||Military Grade PVC|
|Weight||22 lbs / 9.98 kg|
|Dimensions||132 x 32 inches / 335.28 x 81.28 centimeters|
Top Features of the Isle Explorer Inflatable Paddle Board
The Isle Explorer inflatable paddle board is one of the more stylish options that we have reviewed. It comes in two different bright color choices that fit well in tropical settings. One of the most helpful things about this particular paddle board is that it comes with everything that you need to get started.
As far as setup goes, this board can typically be assembled in 30 minutes or less. The overall inflate and deflate times can be completed in under five minutes. As for construction, the exterior material is made of military grade PVC that is hugely puncture and tear resistant.
Another one of the things that really stand out with the Isle Explorer inflatable paddle board is the ample storage space it offers. It has both a rear and front bungee cord storage area that is ideal for small fishing gear and other aquatic adventure items.
Perfect for both gentle rivers and lakes, the Isle Explorer inflatable paddle board serves as both a convenient and dependable option for outdoor enthusiasts. We also love that the adjustable paddle lengths support a broader selection of user heights as well.
Other Important Specs
|Carry bag: Yes|
|Recommended PSI: 15|
|Warranty: One year|
|Accessories: Carbon/nylon paddle, leash, and air pump|
The Isle Explorer inflatable paddle board comes with a convenient carrying case for storing your paddle board between each use. The thing we found most useful with this carrying case is that you can strap it to your back for both fast and convenient transport to and from your aquatic destination.
It also comes with three different fins for improved handling. This is another area that stood out with this board. With most other inflatable paddle boards, you have to use a special security pin to lock the fins in place. With this one, there is a locking mechanism that is built into the rear of each removable fin. While not a huge difference, this still slightly simplifies the setup process and is one less small part to keep track of.
As for the paddles, they are completely adjustable. This allows users of various heights to use the paddle board safely and comfortably. The shaft is made from durable carbon while the blade features lightweight nylon material.
Product Recommendations and Opinions
Recommended Level: Casual and amateur users
The Isle Explorer inflatable paddle board is more than capable of performing well in both calm lakes and gentle rivers. However, more advanced users who are looking for a more robust product may want to stick with a more durable traditional paddle board type.
With this in mind, we feel that this board is best suited for both casual and amateur users. The board is extremely simple to set up and is perfect for travel use at common tourist destinations. In addition, it’s easy to pilot while the paddle glides effortlessly across the water.
Positive User Opinions
- The board is remarkably easy to set up
- A perfect option for gentle streams and scenic lakes
- The leash comes in really handy for keeping the paddle board close at all times
Negative User Opinions
- Not suitable for areas with jagged rocks and other rough terrains
- Some have complained that the paddle board arrived with small tears in the exterior surface
How to Assemble the Isle Explorer Inflatable Paddle Board
- On a flat area, roll out the Isle Explorer inflatable paddle board.
- Locate the air valve at the end of the paddle board.
- Connect the air pump via the air hose and twist it to lock it in place.
- Inflate the paddle board until the PSI meter reaches 15.
- Unscrew the air hose and secure the valve cap.
- Attach the three removable fins on the bottom of the paddle board. Secure them by snapping the latches down.
- Connect both halves of your oars and adjust their height as needed.
- You’re finished! The paddle board is now ready to use.
Paddle Board Maintenance
- Remember always to check the PSI gauge to make sure the paddle board is properly inflated.
- When using in salt water, consider rinsing the exterior off with fresh water to prevent salt buildup.
- Inspect the exterior for leaks before and after each use.
- Never force the air hose into the valve.
- Always stay within the recommended weight limit for safe operation.
- Never leave the board out in direct sunlight for extended periods of time.
If you’re looking to see a video that offers a breakdown of the features of the Isle Explorer inflatable paddle board, consider checking out the official Isle product video below.
Overall, we feel that the Isle Explorer inflatable paddle board is an excellent option for both new and amateur paddle board enthusiasts. It has many nice features like durable construction material, simple setup process, and decent handling. Our only complaint is that it feels like it’s priced a bit on the high side without offering too much. If you have had the chance to try this paddle board out yourself, tell us about your experience with it in the comments area.