Jimmy Styks THRESHER Inflatable Paddle Board
|Load capacity||270 lb/122.47 kg|
|Material||PVC (Military-grade) and Dropstitch Technology|
|Weight||24.5 lb/11.2 kg|
|Dimensions||Length (10’8”/325cm); Width (31”/79cm); Thickness (5.88”/14.5cm)|
If you are considering purchasing a Jimmy Styks Thresher Inflatable Paddle Board, you’re out of luck unless you are purchasing it used. Jimmy Styks’ website has a message informing customers that their products, current and future, are no longer in production.
However, if you are looking for it, we’ve including its features, purposes, and uses for you, because you can find some types of Jimmy Styks “new” or used for purchase. For a quick demo from YouTube about this paddle board, please click on the link in the “Featured Video” section.
Not to mention, linking you to the Jimmy Styk’s user manuals you may also be looking for.
You will find pertinent information about top product features, specifications, pros, cons, and how to assemble it. Handy tips for maintaining the paddle board are also listed, with minimal instructions. The article includes recommendations for whom the product would be best suited.
Looking for a nice inflatable stand up paddle board rigth now? We recommend looking into this Serene Life board. If you’d like to see our reviews on other inflatable paddle boards, click on the hyperlink.
Top Features of Jimmy Styks Inflatable Paddle Board
- Stabilizer fin with fin hardware.
- Jimmy Styks adjustable travel paddle.
- High-pressure pump with gauge.
- 10’ coil leash.
- Repair kit with a valve handle.
|Fins: Yes – 1 large removable fin|
|Handles: Yes- 3 center carrying handles|
|Carry bag: Yes – 1 carry backpack|
|Recommended PSI: 15-20|
|Warranty: Yes – 1 year|
|“D” ring attachments: Yes: The nose of this paddle board has four “D” rings that are attached with a bungee cord for attaching gear or other necessities. The tail also has a “D” ring that acts as an attachment for the safety leash|
Product Recommendations and Opinions
The Jimmy Styks Inflatable Paddle Board is best for beginners to experienced users.
Recommended level: Casual to amateur.
When comparing the Jimmy Styks Inflatable Paddle Board with similar products, it is among the top recommended boards for beginners. The detachable fin makes the paddle board navigate through still water with minimal effort.
On top of that, the included hand paddle is adjustable. Therefore, it would be ideal for older teens who are learning the skill. It is not too heavy to carry in the backpack while inflation/deflation can be done with one person. Here are some highlights from customers who purchased the Jimmy Styks Thresher Inflatable Paddle Board:
- The board is easy to carry, and it maneuvers well in the water.
- With the generous weight limit, one customer took his dog on the paddle boat for company.
- The board stays firm between 12 to 15psi—even with moderate waves in the water.
- The paddle board can be used for several hours without needing to be re-inflated.
- If you drop the paddle, it may be difficult to see if it is floating in the dark water.
- A tiny hole (manufacturer defect) in the paddle board is a common complaint.
How to Assemble the Jimmy Styks Thresher Inflatable Paddle Board
Assembling the Jimmy Styks Thresher Inflatable Paddle Board is easy. Here are the steps:
- Spread the paddle board out on a flat surface.
- Attach the pressure gauge to the pump.
- Fasten the air hose to the pressure gauge.
- Open the valve cup on the paddle board and attach the hose.
- Inflate it until it reaches from 12 to 15 psi (do not over-inflate).
- Insert fin into fin grove, and lock into place with the included pin.
- To assemble the paddle, insert the smaller shaft into the larger one, and lock into place.
- Attach safety cord to “D” ring.
Jimmy Styks Thresher Inflatable Paddle Board Maintenance
- Storage: Since the Jimmy Styks Thresher Inflatable Paddle Board is made of PVC, you should store it in a cool, shaded area when you are not using it. Excessive heat could damage the fabric.
- Do not store the inflatable paddle board in the backpack for extended periods. Heat and moisture can damage the board.
- Inflation: For maximum performance and safety, inflate the paddle board to a minimum of 12 psi, and a maximum of 15 psi.
- Read the instruction manual concerning inflating and deflating. Afterward, familiarize yourself with each step.
- If you do not adhere to the proper inflating/deflating procedures, it could void the warranty.
- After each use, rinse any sand or saltwater from the paddle board.
- Maintain the high- pressure pump regularly with oil and clean the air filter.
Even though the owner’s manual is easy to understand, you may get a better idea if you see a video. This YouTube video shows customers how to easily assemble and inflate the Jimmy Styks Inflatable Paddle Board, step-by-step:
Considering the quality and price of the Jimmy Styks Inflatable Paddle Board, it was suitable for anyone who enjoys paddle boarding. However, now that it’s no longer in production finding one can be very difficult indeed.
Do you have thoughts or comments, or have experience using this product? Feel free to share your opinion on Facebook and other social media.